January 31, 2010

I am Grateful for my Maman

28 years ago my mom went through a very traumatic labor ending with an emergency c-section. 28 years ago she held a small 4 pounds 15 ounces baby girl. 28 years ago the Lord blessed us both - my mom with a baby girl and I with an incredible mom. Love was born that day.

As the years have gone by I have grown to be especially grateful for my maman.

81. This is a given but I am grateful that she gave birth to me!
82. For all the love she pours into my life
83. For her many sacrifices, sleepless nights and prayers
84. For setting a godly example and always sharing her wisdom




85. For being the best mom she could be, having always believed in me and having never given up on me
86. For being there when life was it's toughest
87. For all of our laughs and the fun we have
88. That the Lord made us sisters-in-Christ
89. That as I grow I see much of her in me and that's a good thing
90 That we are friends best of all and that she will always be my Maman!

Thank-you mom, for everything! Happy "birth" day! Love you! xox




holy experience

3 comments:

redeemed diva said...

great post!!!

Annesta said...

The gift of a godly mom is a true gift from God! I have two daughters and enjoy special relationships with them and with my sweet 85 year old mom.
Grace to you
~a

Robin K. said...

That is special. Hallelujah for your mom...how honoured she must feel, too.

You were so tiny!

That's a great picture of you.