May 9, 2010

I'm just like my mom and that's a good thing!

Whenever I look at this picture I think of own my mom, my sweet mama! At a quick glance I can't help but see her. I hear her in my parenting and I think of her in my day-to-day.

Did you ever say "I'm NEVER going to be like my mom!" only to discover you're just like her? I did. I cringed when others said "you're just like your mom" especially Dear Husband but now, it's an honor. I'm glad to be like my mom and hope to be so in more ways then one.

As a young girl, I was very hard on my mom. I was high maintenance, high strung, moody and too independent for my own good and though she did her best, which I see now, I still gave her a hard time. When I was in my young teens I left home and caused her much grief. When I became a mom myself at the young age of 16 she was the first person I turned too because I knew she'd be there for me. I have never turned back.

I am so grateful for my mom! I am grateful the the fun we share, our closeness, our many inside jokes that have us laughing much harder then women who've had children should laugh and the sweet encouragement she gives me. Throughout the years the Lord has been ever so good to us in restoring our relationship. We have grown so close it's hard to imagine how far apart we had once been. Ah, God is good.

Truly I cherish my mom and all that she is.

Happy Mother's day Maman! 


I love you and I am honored to have you as my mom! Thank-you for always being there for me, the examples you've set and for having such a dear heart set after His. Truly I love you my Sweet Maman. I cherish you and the time we spend together. May you be ever so blessed this mother's day as we rejoice and celebrate the gift of motherhood. xox

10 comments:

Holly said...

Aww, how sweet! We have wonderful mothers!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

What a wonderful way to honor your mother! I pray that I will be able to have that kind of relationship with my own mother someday that mirrors your's.

Happy Mother's Day, Friend!

Mel said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day Camie. You are a lot like your mother and that is a good thing.

Anne-Marie Joyeuse Fete des Meres!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Very sweet. What a loving tribute to your mother.

I've enjoyed browsing blogs this Mother's Day and reading about all these beautiful relationships. Thank you for sharing yours.

Rachel

Muthering Heights said...

This is such a sweet tribute to your mom! :)

redeemed diva said...

I have said overwhelmingly "I won't be like my mother...and then, I am her! But it's not so bad. I understand her now. hehe!
Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to you!

Genny said...

This is so sweet, Camie. I hope your mom read it! :)

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a really awesome mom! Thanks for stopping by.

Candice said...

It's amazing how much more we appreicate our moms once we're moms ourselves!

maman Stroeve said...

I just came across this post this morning while looking for a pattern, lol! Looking forward to spend the day with you and your amazing family 💞💞💞💞💞