I have found encouragement in the most beautiful places. I have found it in surprising ways and in unlikely places as well. I have always had a heart to encourage too, here's a list of ways I have found encouragement :
1. My Saviour. The best place and the sweetest encouragement has come from the Lord. He has always been faithful to me when I have needed Him. I have to be faithful in return by spending time in His Word, in prayer and by having a quite time. It is in those times that I find the most and purest encouragement. Encouragement that not only makes sense but it fills me with joy and strength.
2. My husband. He has been a wonderful encouragement to me in all my years of mothering but especially in home schooling. Always gently urging me on. Listening to my days and offering wisdom that lights my path. I must admit that he always surprises me; when I’m struggling with doing “school” I often feel afraid to tell him, thinking he’ll be disappointed or say “well lets send’ em to school” but he always replies with love, understanding and of course just the right encouragement that I needed.
3. My children. Oh how they can be so encouraging and discouraging! Mothering by far can have the biggest ups and downs! But if you look close enough you can find encouragement in any circumstance. When my children are being obedient and sweet, its so encouraging. It’s beautiful to see them living life to the fullest and doing well. On the other hand if they are struggling or causing frustration it’s so easy to feel discouraged . But by God’s grace if I can remember to see the big picture and take those opportunities for teaching, showing love and gentleness, compassion and patience then God’s hand will be at work and not my own. That encourages me - God is in control especially when I have lost it. It also encourages me to know that He has chosen me to be mother of these children, He knows I can do it!
4. My family and friends. During times of hardship encouragement can come from the most surprising places! The prayers of family and friends is also very powerful. A friend who listens and a friend who shares is a wonderful place to find encouragement.
5. Myself. I have always prayed for the gift of encouragement and in turn have found that when I can encourage others it has the same effect on me. My attitude plays a big role here too. If I am feeling tired or down or even pessimistic then I don’t allow encouragement to enter in. If my heart is open and I am willing then encouragement has room to enter in and grow. Anyone can read a great book full of encouragement, attend a convention, listen to a great speaker but it depends on the heart of that person whether or not it has effect. So when it all boils down to it, it really depends on me, my attitude, my health and the state of my heart.
1 comment:
I'm glad to one of those friends, and I love you so much.
Post a Comment