January 9, 2010

A Letter for You

Dear Pregnant Mama,

What wonderful joy, truly I rejoice with you! How exciting to have the miracle of life growing in your belly! Is there is anything more womanly and filled with such wondrous anticipation? It's an intimate though to think of God knitting this new babe in your womb. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.....My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place" Psalm 139: 13-15

Before my last pregnancy I was so afraid to be with child again! I feared the usual symptoms. I didn't know if I could cope with being tired or nauseous whilst caring for a toddler, a preschooler and two homeschooled little ones. How would I keep house? What if the kids fell behind? So many questions, so much fear. I didn't rest in faith or trust. I remember one day crying out to the Lord, in His incredible faithfulness He spoke to me. Quietly calming my fears in beautiful stillness He gave me this scripture "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship" Romans 12:1

Wow! The peace I felt afterwards was so incredible! "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7 The days that followed were filled with His words and promises. Being pregnant is definitely sacrificial; giving up your body for a full nine months for someone else. No matter what our fears are they do come. But we have power over them in Christ. His Word is mighty and He is ever so faithful! I decided to choose joy and faith over fear.

When baby five was expected I offered my pregnancy as a living sacrifice to Him. Just as we dedicate our babies to Him I did so with my pregnancy. Whenever I would tire of being pregnant or felt myself compelled to complain I would try to remember scripture and offer myself as a living sacrifice to the Lord. I wanted my pregnancy to be an act of worship. The Lord had chosen me to be a vessel for one of His children ~ a future arrow. Just as he has chosen you dear mama.

In the name of Jesus, we pray against fear and claim His promises. Fill your thoughts with things that are lovely - "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things" Philippians 4: 8-9 What great things does the Lord have planned for you and your family? How will He reveal himself to you? Surround yourself with godly people, music, books and so on - And keep that door of fear closed.
On a practical note, walking - even a quick ten minutes helps a lot! When you start to feel tired go for a quick walk up the street or around the block and eating watermelon helps with nausea (if you get it).
Oh dear pregnant mama many blessings to you! May the Lord bless and keep you.

In Christ and for His glory ~ Camie


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully and thoughtfully written. (smile) You have such a tender and sweet spirit. May this blog be a blessing to all who happen upon it.

Fruitful Harvest said...

Camie,
I love the shirt...it looks like their is a rose on your belly!

Sweet! Where did you buy it?

Warmly,
Georgiann

Camie said...

Hi Georgiann, It's actually a night gown I got a long time ago from LaSenza...Blessings to you!