We started on a journey of sugar-free living about 8 weeks ago. Surprisingly - it hasn't been too bad! We've had our challenges and triumphs but I'm loving it. My motto has been constant vigilance - as in checking all the ingredients and opting for anything that has no sugar in it! It's hard to be sugar-free in a culture that serves with sugar, celebrates with sugar, rewards with sugar and just plain loads everything with sugar! But the Lord - my Father who cares so much for me, my DH and DC has called us to this journey so by His grace we can do this! I'm excited about what it'll mean for our family. I have struggled for many years with an addiction to sugar and have seen the devastating effects it has on my children, their health, teeth and my mood among other things. If you google sugar and it's effects you'll be amazed at how bad it is for your health! Some even say it has the same effect as drugs!
So for the record - My name is Camie, and I am a sugarholic. It has been 8 weeks since my last sugar binge. Yeah! I feel free!I honestly did not think I could stop eating sugar! But our Lord is so very faithful!
I've had a few people tell me not to go completely sugar free or to give it a little while then slowly add sugars back...But I say, what's the point?! And if sugar, in this house is an addiction it should be treated as such - you wouldn't suggest an alcoholic have only a few drinks or someone on drugs stop for a while then slowly add the substance back!
So here we are...For the glory of Christ! I'll post more of our story as to why we gave up sugar and how we started and what has helped! I'll blog about my success and failures...Maybe I'll even encourage you to give it up too!
In Christ and for His glory ~ Camie
"Lord, Your joy gives me strength. You guide and lead me. You are with me always, of whom should I fear?"
No comments:
Post a Comment