February 21, 2010

Confessional

I've been thinking about a lot of things to write, I even started, deleted and saved a few potential posts but most of this week nothing came out the way I wanted it too. It seems my mind is a jumbled up mess of words and thoughts at the moment. Mostly I've just been tired, really tired. Tired and a bit irritable. Tired, a bit irritable and somewhat distracted.

You see it's been some time now since my last confessional and to be quite honest I didn't want to share with you all my relapse so to speak on eating sugar. I thought maybe I would save it and use it as a Not me Monday post and let you all know that I most certainly have not been eating sugars but I wasn't really feeling up to it...

You see it all started with a yummy loaf of homemade cinnamon bread from the Hutterites. And a huge box of candy. Dear Husband has many customers who spoil him and bless him with gifts and he just happened to come home with quite the loot.

We hid the box in our storage room with the intent of passing it on and we didn't have the heart to throw away a whole loaf of bread - bread that smelled sooooo super good. So it sat on the counter for a day or so when it started calling my name; every morning, then at lunch time and the next thing I knew it was gone! It had disappeared!

Then came the pre-valentines day card making. All the dear children made wonderful cards to to give and to add extra sweetness they wanted to tack on a piece of candy and we just happened to have a box full of candy in our basement...Pretty handy eh?!

Now normally if this was strictly a Not me Monday post I would have said I most certainly did not eat that Lindor chocolate. I am very self disciplined and that cinnamon bread did not indulge my sweet tooth to the point where I craved sugar like a wild animal looking for prey.

And after eating 1 chocolate I did not HIDE 2 more in case.

Errr I mean I did eat the chocolate and I did hide 2 and yes I did eat them. This is my confessional...must remember to confess...

So, I confess, my name is Camie and I am a sugarholic and it has been less then a week since my last sugar binge.

And it didn't stop with the the Valentines day candy but at my dear friend Shayne's house (who gets a mention by the way as she is fabulous). You see this dear friend is a baker supreme and whilst visiting I noticed that she had 3 rather large looking Tupperware containers full of her tasty baking on the counter. Normally I wouldn't have even given it a second though but sugar was running hot through my blood and like a dog sniffs out a bone I was found eating not one but ...shamefully...4 desserts!

Oh I feel such a huge weight lifted off. I am glad I can tell you, understand my mood and now move on. I am so addicted to sugar it's seriously not funny. You should have seen me wolfing down those treats! And now I feel like crap. And I'm craving sugar like no body's business. I urged Dear Husband to find me some "sugar-free" fudge and ice cream while getting groceries today...Thankfully he came home empty handed.

Tomorrow is a new day and thankfully His mercies come new and His grace covers all and His strength made stronger in my weakness.

5 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I am so addicted to sugar! I am trying to switch to Sucanat, which is way better for you. I'm just not into honey that much.

Tomorrow is a new day, my friend!

Glad you enjoyed the article.

Stephanie said...

Oh girl, I know what you mean. I have similar situations. Mine usually involves a bag of kettle cooked chips and sour cream. Bad. I know. Have you heard of the show Cook Yourself Thin? I just discovered it and really want to try some of the recipes! They made these chocolate cupcakes with mint icing but with ingredients that aren't as calorie filled. I think they are all online.

Anyways... YES! Tomorrow is a new day and you CAN conquer this!

The Schafer Family said...

This made me laugh so hard, I love the way you express your "weakness" to sweets. I am also sorry for aiding you in this fall to temptation. I will try and not have it around when you come. :) Or well.... if you need another binge you know where to get it...

Michelle said...

Visiting from Genny's blog and I know how you feel. I get horrible sugar cravings so whenever I don't have them I try to stay as far away from sugar as possible. I honestly don't understand how any that likes sugar can completely stop eating it. Life is too short to never eat sugar again.

So you may or may not want to view my sugar filled recipe I shared on my blog. :)

Genny said...

Camie,

So glad you joined in today. Love your post!

And, NO, you don't want to see Michelle's post (actually, you should stop by and see it; her photographs are amazing)! Her recipe looks awesome.

Hugs,
Genny