April 6, 2010

Spring Cleaning, My Home and Heart

This week we are Spring cleaning! Spring cleaning as in washing down wall, cleaning out closets and de-cluttering toy bins. I'm hoping to get all that deep cleaning stuff, such as windows, floors and bedding done. My mom is coming out to help and my mom-in-law is taking the kids for 4 days!  I feel so blessed! I am really looking forward to getting this done! We've had a very long season of illness this year (school year) and somehow we've managed to horde more then necessary. I want to par down, simplify and  air out the house...I shall be ruthless!

While my house needs a good cleaning my heart does also. I want to simply in my home but my life as well. As we spend the day cleaning we will worship Him who came, we'll lift our voices in thanks giving and praise. We'll fill the quiet with scripture and good teaching CDs. It'll be like an in-home conference! My prayer is that our home is a haven, holy ground, a dwelling place for the Holy Spirit, that all who enter experience His love and presence. I want a Christ centered home. A home that promotes love and serving each other, teaching and learning, kindness and safety and growth. A home that is reputable for it's hospitality, coziness and welcome. These things come from the heart. I hope to spend the week in reflection and prayer as I search my heart, scrub walls and seek God in every nook and cranny!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Good for you, my friend! :) I, too, am doing the same. May you be blessed richly during this week. Love you!

redeemed diva said...

I am doing the same and it has yielded a plethora of upcoming blog posts. Enjoy the work and the inner work God is doing!

Camie said...

Spring is definitely in the air! Thanks Ladies! Blessings to you!

Liberty said...

I like to do it that way to: to imagine (and pray) that as I am cleaning my home, the Lord is cleaning our lives, and our hearts. A spiritual house cleaning. Thankyou for the inspiration!