April 27, 2010

Yummy Mummy!

How you can spot a nursie baby...

  1. Sweet baby starts to smack and lick their lips and goes "mmmmm" when mama walks up!
  2. When you are holding them and they get thirsty or hungry they pat you on the goods and assume the position!
  3. If baby is very new any shoulder, cheek or arm will do - until they realize that it isn't mama...
  4. And any nursing mama will do!
  5. You might acquire a nick name such as Dairy Queen or Milk Lady or Moooma or cow, ok maybe not that last one - unless someone was feeling particularly rude.
  6. If baby is rather impatient he or she might pull on mama's shirt and get a little owly - If baby is very impatient, all bets are off! You better feed that baby right now before you lose your shirt!
  7. Nursie babies get what I like to call boob drunk! Have you seen this? It's so cute!
  8. Your toddlers might play pretend to nurse their dollies.
  9. Mama's purse contains pads - nursing pads that is, not so embarrassing when your son pulls those ones out...
  10. And lastly but certainly not all, sometimes you can tell a nursing mama by her top, if she forgot to pull up her nursing bra and her shirt is a tad tight or even worse, the said goods leak! Having nursed 5 little ones so far I'm afraid I have had both happen to me!

8 comments:

Kimberly @shrinkingkimberwls said...

So beautiful! Makes me want another just so I can breastfeed again!

Unknown said...

The smacking lips is soooo true.
My husband calls me a cow from time to time...I guess that makes him rude...but we both watch the Office, so maybe it's our sense of humor. Now, when he moos at me, that's when I get my boxing gloves out. What am I talking about? I need a nap.
Cute. I'm ready to be done though. But I'm also not ready.
I'm ready.
no, I'm not.
Or am I?

Anonymous said...

I rememeber all the little noises my son used to make.

Camie said...

JoAnn, you're so funny ~ lol

Moooooooooooooooo, just kidding!

redeemed diva said...

JoAnn...seriously, you are too funny! Great blog post. I liked the way you mixed things up and did a top 10 post. Very blog-chicness of you!

Unknown said...

just call me Bessy.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

Cute! I love boob-drunk babies. I've had it happen where I put my nursing bra back, but not my shirt. Ooops!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Too funny...so remember those days...more the fact that I would totally leak through my shirt in public! My second child named it, "the feeding things" and made a song about it...well six children later, years of nursing and I still recall those days, even though they are now gone forever.