January 13, 2010
God's Chisel
Lord - Transform me! Use me!
This is an ongoing prayer I have. Truly I desire to be more like Him - to be transformed. But often I'm busy, distracted, tired or just plain lazy - do I stop to listen? Do I submit long enough to let Him work in my life? Am I usable - do I let myself be usable? When God pulls out His chisel do I run or do I let Him? How often do we ask for something but feel unprepared when it's given?
It depends - on the really tough stuff I resist, I even shake my head no. I can't - I'm not ready. I've been propping myself up, covering hurts and hiding fears for a long time. Am I strong enough to let go of those props, uncover the hurts and face my fears? I want to be, I want to be chiseled. I want to be His master piece, not this broken-up wreckage. I know that in Him and through Him I can - but still, I resist.
Lord lead me to a safe place where I can come to You uncovered and open. Help me shed away those fears and props; that it may be You who I lean on and taken refuge in.
Lord the way you see me - as a master piece - let me become.
Only in You can I be so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I totaly relate. And sometimes I wonder if we are more comfortable with our discomfort than allowing God to work in our life. Healling from sexual abuse I have asked myself this question over and over in all the ways the enemy can attack me. And to be perfectly honest it was easier at the begining of my journey to believe in satan's attacks than God cuz it was famillier. No longer is it a struggle every day it just comes in waves, but it is getting easier.
Sorry the Anonymous comment is mine. I hadn't logged in and then couldn't figure out how to put my name. Still new at this.
Mel, thank-you for sharing! And so true what you wrote. ((Hugs)) dear friend.
My comments haven't been showing up! I've been commenting here daily. Are you getting me???
Oh my goodness! I haven't been!!! Why would that be?
I feel like it is a daily battle to be going to God. Some days are good and others not so good. I am so thankful for the reminder. Life is an ongoing journey that takes constant surrender to God. This is my hearts desire too. I am very blessed by your blog. Thanks
Post a Comment