I want to share with you a story of a princess, a princess at heart and mother by day. You might recognize this princess but first impressions are deceiving and often we misjudge someone, missing out on the true beauty that is. My friendship with this princess has been nothing but a great blessing. She has taught me to keep dreaming, to balance being practical and romantic and to be a warrior and princess all the same. I have often thought of her as a mentor in my life but mostly as a sweet sister in Christ.
So today, on a very special birthday I am especially grateful for our friendship! I'm thankful for the women that she is; a devoted daughter to the King, a stylish homemaker, wife and mother 'round the clock, fearless leader, dreamer and believer and romantic at best.
So here goes my story,Once upon a time there lived (or rather lives) a very beautiful princess. She is most beautiful in and out. This is wonderful, but at times life doesn't always feel so...Let me tell you a bit about this princess and what makes her so...
This princess has a genuine love for others, a caring heart, a God-loving, searching, serving and praising heart. Everywhere she goes she creates something beautiful - ordinary simply would not do! She turned an old outdated house into a cozy and welcoming home, a large empty hall into a dream gala and turns everyday into an adventure.
I'm not talking about the kind of adventure you'd think but one of the most rewarding - mothering, homemaking and being a wife. Storms have come and gone along with hurts and disappointment but this lovely princess has used every opportunity to turn to her King (Father as she calls Him) and has been able to find peace and rest. She persists, carries on and a dedicated daughter is seen. She is clothed with strength and dignity.
This lovely princess lives in such a way that brings Him glory and she lives passionately for Him, her King. This has made her even more beautiful. She is considerate, noble in character, her husband has confidence in her and lacks nothing (this being her prince), she provides for her family and sets about her work in a dedicated manner, her arms are open to the needy and one day her children will rise and called her blessed.
She pours her love into the ones closest to her, giving them her heart. She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction. Her days may become dreary at times and there might be days when she does not feel much like a princess but watching her live in a not-so-fairy-tale-world, giving everything her best and for the King's glory blesses my heart. And truly I am thankful for her, the example she sets and our friendship.
On your thirtieth birthday I wanted very much to wish you a happy, joy filled birthday - that you might be blessed as much as I am!
Happy birthday dear friend! I love you! Truly you are beautiful inside and out - A true princess!
4 comments:
It's 6:30 in the morning and my youngest just woke up. I nursed him then rolled over to get some more sleep, as my husband took him out of the room to give me more rest, and to make me a birthday breakfast for me.
Then a thought came to me "maybe my birthday message was waiting for me?" Sleeping would have to wait, I was too excited! I ran out of the room like a little girl at christmas time.
Sitting at the computer, it was difficult to read through the blur of tears and I had to stop a few times. Reading it to my husband I have to admit I was a little embarrassed, but I knew he would would understand and be in agreement for he is my prince in this "fairy tale".
Thank you so much Christine
I feel so loved!
What a great start to this day
I Love you
love it. love it. love it!
I echo Katrina. love it!!!!
As I was reading you and then Erin comment, tears were rolling down. What a beautiful "Princesses" you two are! I thank & praise God for the wonderful gift He has given us through you two. Happy Belated Birthday Erin <3
'
Post a Comment