How do you prepare for Christ?
How do you prepare your heart?
I found this excellent idea over at 5 Minute Mom and couldn't resist! We had so much fun painting and sharing. When it was all dry we took turns cutting and hung the cross on our kitchen wall. Dear Husband, our sweet children and I all wrote something and left room for more. As the week has gone by we have added our hurts, struggles, fears, areas we need Christ, forgiveness, healing and hope on the cross. On Good Friday we will spend time in prayer going over our list, giving Him these burdens and laying them down at His feet. We'll talk about forgiveness, what it means to repent, how Jesus came to redeem us and how we have freedom and victory over those things which we wrote and shared. Come Easter morning everything shall be wiped off and replaced with loving words. We will celebrate and soak in His goodness!
I think this will become our newest Easter tradition!

I think this will become our newest Easter tradition!

Well maybe not this part...




11 comments:
Oh that is just too precious, Camie!
Hugs,
Genny
p.s. my husband and I walked down the isle to the song you have playing here at your blog!
Ooooooooooohhhh...I like your blog, too! Thanks for the sweet comment!
You have a lovely blog too Camie! Thanks for stopping by at "my place" today and leaving a sweet comment. How wonderful to know the Lord LIVES ~ we celebrate this fact everyday! Devotions with our children are something we do to instill HIS TRUTH into their precious hearts. AND prayer...where would we be without it??
Blessings to you!
Camille
What an amazing tradition! Wow! Talk about making Easter the real deal. I am still debating on how I am going to celebrate this year. I am thinking about making the "tomb" cookies.
I might do this when my girls are a little bit older.
BTW, it is exciting when we get a new follower. We just have to be careful to not get prideful and obessess about it. I know you know that already. I have had to come face to face with the ugly side of me on this issue as well.
Blessings, my Friend!
Genny, we walked down the isle to one of my playlists songs too! I love hearing it!
Thanks Ladies for the sweet comments!
Stacie, I so know what you mean! I want to be very careful of that. I have a few friends who have set a very good example and I really just want it to be about sharing and finding blessings...and I think that is one reason I felt uncomfortable with having done the Friday Follow. Also we made the tomb cookies one year - very hands on and special!
Blessings to you all!
Camie
this is a great post and it looks like they had some fun =)
Love this idea!hehe
Love this idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog, you're welcome anytime!
That is a great idea.... I love how it really focuses on why we celebrate Easter. I might try that some time.
Enjoyed seing the kids paint each other, so cute.
I love you and look forward to being apart of your good Friday celebration. This is the happiest season of all!
Lol..it looks like they had a blast!
I am following you super late from Friday Follow! I hope you visit/ follow me back when you get a chance: http://www.thriftyandfrugalliving.com
Post a Comment