March 26, 2010

Love, Between The Sheets

Last night I was rather cold and weary, hopping into bed I got all cozy near Dear Husband who was almost asleep. I snuggled into my sheets and started to drift off...Softly, sweetly, I was almost asleep when Dear Husband quietly asked for a head rub. He had a headache earlier that night and it wasn't giving him any rest.

Truth be told my first thought was "awe, I just got all cozy and I'm facing the wrong way and I just want to sleep!" But as I turned over to see this dear friend, the love of my life, my sweet and strong husband I simply said "I love you" My heart ached for him as I watched him sleep. If only he knew how deeply I care him. If only I was better at showing him.

I was overcome with love for him in that moment. My heart wanted to hug and hold him, kiss and melt into his caress.

How blessed am I to have such a guy in my life. One who is ever so faithful, kind and loving. One who diligently cares for his family, who seeks the best for them.

Truth be told I am not the easiest person to live with. I don't always make it easy on him and I give him his fair share of grief. And still he loves me. And still he stays. And still he cares.

Such love is a gift. A gift I am truly grateful for.

161. My dear husband

162. His love for me

163. His caresses

164. All his hard work

165. His dedication to our family, our home and our marriage

166. Hi smile, his laugh and that twinkle in his eye

167. His eyes, those gorgeous, handsome blue eyes

168. His grace and tenderness towards me

169. Laying next to him every night and waking with him in the morning light

170. Our love, truly a gift from Him who loves best

17 comments:

maman Stroeve said...

Love the new look! Love reading you!

itwasyoublog said...

I'm a new follower! Cute blog. I love "premades4purpose".

http://itwasyou.net

Cara said...

Following you back from FF!

I love this post - it reminds me so much of how I feel about my wonderful husband. :)

Anonymous said...

This post really touched me, so heartwarming, honest and full of love. Well said!

I am visiting and following from Friday Follow. Pleasure to meet you.

Lynn

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Stopping by from the Friday follow!

Debbiedoos said...

Stopping by from the Friday follow! What an awesome blog you have! Love the colors and whimsy, totally me! That is very sweet what you wrote about your husband! Enjoy the weekend!

joeandbridge said...

Good Morning! Happy Friday Follow on Saturday! Hoppin' when I can. I am your newest Follower!
Have a super day and come follow my blog!

Bridgette
The Groschen Goblins
www.groschengoblins.com

Debbie said...

What a gift to both of you that you realized all that!
I'm a new follower from Friday Follow.

BARBIE said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I absolutely love your design. I am going to follow so I don't miss a post! Blessings!

Julie said...

Thanks for the reminder of how important it is for us to take the time to honor our husbands and all they do. A little touch and time can show alot! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Marsha said...

Hi, there! I found your blog through Friday Follow. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Unknown said...

I am following you back. I think this blog is exactly where I should be right now. I have been praying for some marriage guidance, I enjoyed reading your post!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet spoken words :)

Thank You for taking the time to pass by my blog and play along with me on The Acrynom game.

Much Luv,
Karen

Rebecca D said...

I am visiting and following from Friday Follow. Nice to meet you. Feel free to pop over and maybe follow me back...

Camie said...

Hello everyone! Wow, thank-you so much for your comments! I've been thinking a lot about Dear Husband and how to bless him...Stay tuned for more!

Blessings,

Camie

Trista's Barn said...

That is awesome. I too have a wonderful hubby who is my very best friend.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

So beautiful, so wonderful and honoring to your hubby!

I love it!