We all have them; fears, hurts and struggles. They plague our lives, interrupt dreams and prevent us from moving forward. I have had times in my life when a fear was so strong I felt I couldn't move, when a hurt was so raw I struggled to even breath. I have felt so powerless at times and came face to face with the proverbial brick wall and not known what to do. Or I have known what to do but I couldn't move forward, stuck in a rut as they would say. These emotions, memories, day-to-day struggles affect all I do.
When I look back on my life I see when God was leading me, His Holy Spirit guiding me ever so gently. That still soft voice that calls. That awesome and powerful presence. I also see when the enemy has tried to pull me under, tempting me, clouding me with confusion, taunting me, luring me to destruction. I have always believed that in front of me are two paths, one which the Lord has set for me and one where the enemy attempts - unrelentingly - to trap me on. I have been on both.
I have many stories to share, stories of a girl who ran as far from Him as she could only to come face to face with Him. Stories of a girl, who at her weakest, when life was at it's darkest found light and strength in Him. No matter where I've been or what I've done, He has always taken what went wrong and made it right. His glory can be seen throughout my life. His hand has always followed me and has always been reached out for me to grab. I know that He won't ever let go as He has carried me when I least expected it - when I least deserved it.
When I look back on my life I see when God was leading me, His Holy Spirit guiding me ever so gently. That still soft voice that calls. That awesome and powerful presence. I also see when the enemy has tried to pull me under, tempting me, clouding me with confusion, taunting me, luring me to destruction. I have always believed that in front of me are two paths, one which the Lord has set for me and one where the enemy attempts - unrelentingly - to trap me on. I have been on both.
I have many stories to share, stories of a girl who ran as far from Him as she could only to come face to face with Him. Stories of a girl, who at her weakest, when life was at it's darkest found light and strength in Him. No matter where I've been or what I've done, He has always taken what went wrong and made it right. His glory can be seen throughout my life. His hand has always followed me and has always been reached out for me to grab. I know that He won't ever let go as He has carried me when I least expected it - when I least deserved it.

I have a been learning to live in His grace and mercy. To live and claim His victory over my fears, hurts and struggles. This is part of the path He calls me to - a path that offers freedom, victory, joy, healing, peace and forgiveness. Though they will come (fears, hurts and struggles) He is made strong in my weakness. His joy gives me strength. His grace and mercy are new every day. He came to show the way, in Him I will not perish. He gives me rest, He leads me in which way I should go and it is good. He is good.
When I remember all of this and rest in His word, I am able to over come those fears and hurts. I can see my struggles for what they are and I find refuge in Him.
3 comments:
Amen, Sister!
Great post!!!
Fear? Check.
Hurt? Check.
Struggle? Check.
I have been going through a lot lately in regards to my son who is special needs. With every dark cloud, there has been a silver lining. I know that is God easing my burden.
Post a Comment