For example, this week has brought the unexpected. I had blocked off this week to get down and dirty with a major Spring cleaning but 4 out of 5 of my little ones got a yucky tummy bug. A tummy bug that has been really messy. Messy as in gross and everywhere and all hours of the night and all day long...So any cleaning that we did get done had to be re-done times ten!
At first I was really frustrated! We have had our fair share of sick kids this past fall and winter and enough was enough. We were trying very hard to not get sick. And part of this Spring clean was to air out the house because of all the sickness we had had! So yes, initially I was upset. Then as I prayed the Lord quickly softened my heart, because even though the kids were sick and the house was demanding a lot of attention my heart cried out "Your joy will be my strength and I will praise You in this storm!"
I could have easily stayed grumpy, frustrated but what good would that have done?! I probably would have ended up sick as well. I carried on, seeking the Lord to strengthen me, help me find the joy in all of this I called out. I tended to little ones, and cleaned as I could.
And would you know it, in the midst of everything, joy was found! Because never is a child so sweet and cuddly as when they are sick, never is the house more quite with a sense of restfulness. Never is being a Mama more important. I have fond memories of when my own mom so diligently and lovingly cared for me when I was sick. I want my children to have that same sense of security, love and peace.
So yes, it was messy and a bit chaotic but through all of it; the lack of sleep, the massive amount of laundry, hot fevered cheeks and grumbly tummies there was joy to be found.
Ah sweet joy - joy that gives strength. Joy that overwhelms and overcomes. Thank-You Jesus! I will praise You in the storm!
The ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. Isaiah 35:10
1 comment:
I also enjoy those times with the kids, although hard, I love the snuggles of a quiet and calm child. Praise the Lord that they are better though.
Post a Comment