April 16, 2010

Finding Joy

Hello and welcome! This week is all about joy found in the everyday. Joy found admist the storms of life, through sorrow and pain. Joy found in chaos, joy that gives strength, overwhelms, gives hope and renews, whether it's a small glimpse or an out-pour!

Joy - where have I seen it and how was it found this week? I thought of the obvious, having an extra five kids here has definitely made for joyful moments. Where there has been double the work there has been double the smiles, where there has been double the mess there has been double the laughs. These precious children have had me roaring with laughter and I've enjoyed the many hugs and kisses and all their funny antics.

There is joy in knowing that our dear friends along with a great missions group are being used in a mighty way to share God's word and His love. I won't lie and say I'm not SUPER excited to hear what God has been up to...I am eagerly waiting to see pictures and hear stories! I can't even image being in Africa...

As you may know, there was much joy found the other morning and on the nightstand...and we even found joy in the snow. Yes, I used the word joy and snow in the same sentence. There was a "flurry" of excitement as we watched the snow fall and don't kids make the best everything?


There has been much joy in discovering each little personality a little better and seeing how different each one is from the other.

Oh and boys! Boys are SO different then girls! This I have known to be true, but having 6 girls and 4 boys here the evidence of this has never rang truer!

Which leads me to where joy was found unexpectedly. As I spent more and more time with the dear children, watching them, listening, teaching and learning I realized how far I have yet to go with my own children. How much training, discipling and character building needs to be done. I began to realize how much work needs to be done in my own heart.

I know that mothering and parenting is an ongoing process but the reality; as it has before, was smacking me in the face.  I realized how far behind we are in this area. It felt heavy at first and I even cried to Dear Hubby about it. I so desire to be the mother God has called me to be but I often fall short - very short. I have a dream of how I see myself and my dear children and often it's nothing more then a dream. The weight of it all was heavy but quickly the Lord swept in. His still small voice, calling me to be still, to quite my heart from all other voices.

"OK Lord You are in control!" As the week has gone by I have been touched here and there with glimpses of His leading, guidance, grace and peace. I have received such beautiful words of encouragement from some dear friends and last night at our churches family service I felt the Lord say " Invest the time it takes."

Wow! How true! I'm so grateful we went to church last night! Our family pastor has been leading a parenting group and we spent the night reading through scriptures on discipline and the sweet words read from the Word were exactly what I needed!

Isn't God so faithful!! Truly the joy of the Lord has been my strength this week.

Ah sweet joy - joy that gives strength. Joy that overwhelms and overcomes. Thank-You Jesus!

How about you? How was your week? 


Be still and know that He is, and He will be. Blessing and joy are found when you look for them and found them this week have I!

Many blessings to you as you seek joy!

Camie

7 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Camie, I loved this post! I too have so far to go as a parent. I am behind as well. I need to always be more intentional. I have so little time with my older ones (and they are only 11 and 9!)

Love,
Stacie

Trish said...

I shared a post I wrote recently - it's more about hope but to me it's hard to experience joy without having hope. Or maybe experiencing the joy encourages our hopes.

Either way, I love this idea and think it will help me be more aware of the good things happening around me.

Jackie said...

I know I will never reach perfection as a parent, but I feel so blessed that God thought I was good enough to raise my four beautiful children. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Angie Vinez said...

psst... crashing the party to tell you to come to my after party. I mentioned you!

http://www.5vinezmonkeys.com/2010/04/ultimate-blog-party-after-party.html

kristy said...

Camie, i loved your post on Joy. Thats so neat and needed. Reading Joy and snow at this time of year is not normal. But good to read thanks. PS I found you thru the UBP. I love this party!

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with your blog durig the UBP! I have an award for you! Here is the link: http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/04/happy-to-share-happy-101-award.html

Camie said...

Oops! 6 girls and 4 boys!!! I better go fix that!