We have 5 kids. It seems like a lot to some yet I feel like I'm just getting started. I understand my body, my limitations, my strengths and what works and what doesn't (kinda) much better then I ever have. Also, I usually "know" when I'm pregnant well before I actually find out for sure. My last pregnancy was no exception, sorta.
Actually it's kinda funny how I found out I was pregnant this last time...Over the course of 2-3 weeks 4 different people (yes 4) asked if I was pregnant!!! Yup, you can imagine my horror. At first I was polite, embarrassed, laughed it off but finally I just blurted out "NO I'M NOT PREGNANT I'M JUST GETTING CHUBBY OKAY!!!" I figured since I turned 26 my body just wasn't young like a 25 year olds, HA-HA quarter life crisis let me tell you!
You see I was still nursing my dear son and my cycle hadn't yet returned (On a complete side note I have only had 4 cycles in the past 7 years because of nursing and pregnancy!!). Anyways, I knew there was still the possibility of pregnancy even whilst nursing and it was at the back of my mind. So when I gained 15 lbs in one month I knew for sure I was pregnant! I have never had a dramatic weight gain save for pregnancy.
I headed to the doctors for confirmation getting myself used to the idea that I would be having 5 little ones..."Not pregnant" was the diagnosis! I was shocked! "Really? Are you sure?"
I waited a couple weeks and still no positive...I was stumped! How did I gain so much weight and what was with the mama intuition? I had been so sure. I shared with my sis-in-law about the weight gain and what-not and she asked how old I was.
"26"
"Ahhh, I see" she said.
"What?"
"Well when I turned 26 my body changed drastically. You're not so young anymore. Your metabolism must be slowing down, it's all part of getting older." This was her response.
What?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHH! This was my response - mentally. I had just turned 26.
So anyways I went shopping with the girls and I was trying on some shirts when Madison says "mommy your tummy looks like it has a baby in it".
"Thank-you Hunny I know it does" so gracious eh?
Deep down I'm really thinking "that's it!"
So since I was at Wal-Mart and you can buy anything there from clothes to tires and a pregnancy test, I grabbed a few. I took it at home expecting a negative and a waste of money but just as I was throwing it out low and behold a plus sign!
"YES! I'm not just getting fat or losing my mind! I'm pregnant!"
I was relieved to tell people that...Yes, yes I am pregnant and yes that is a baby bump, with an actual baby growing in it - not just post 25 yrs of age chub.
So there you have it, just a teensy story out of so many; when you have 5 babies, 5 pregnancies, 5 labors - there's much to talk about!
Want to read more? Maybe share your story? What does 'In 9 Months Time' mean to you? Head over to Confessions of a Redeemed Diva to link-up or read more!
Want to read more? Maybe share your story? What does 'In 9 Months Time' mean to you? Head over to Confessions of a Redeemed Diva to link-up or read more!
And for those of you who have just recently asked if I'm pregnant...This time for sure...I'm just getting fat.
7 comments:
Just wait until you are over forty. Everything shifts when you reach forty.
LOL! My husband was always the one who told me I was pregnant before I even knew. How that works I have no idea!?
haha! I loved this post. Post 25 chub?! Hilarious! You are too funny. Great story and works great with the theme you picked. Clever you!
HOW FUNNY! I was coming to comment on your blog post (REALLY hit close to home for me and my 5 little ones and I had a VERY similar PG to what you described... I unfortunately lost that baby... but so funny how I KNEW I was PG and the PG didn't...LOL I also got PG without cycles returning) Well then and as I read I realized this was CAMIE... the lady I am talking to about receiving your shipment!! LOL Very funny! :-D GREAT blog post BTW! ;-)
LOL, thank goodness you weren't really losing your mind!! :)
So how far along were you when you found out? Just curious!
So funny!
stopped by for WW and started reading this post. Um, its a bit scary how much we have in common. Except I only have 4 kiddos at this point. But, even our 'about me' descriptions are very similar! Im 27 and since having baby #4 (at 26) I realized my body is NOT losing weight like it used to! (boo!) Hey, maybe I'm pregnant! LOL Still nursing, with no cycle yet...so who knows...:) Sorry for the novel of a comment! Stop by and say hi!
Post a Comment