July 25, 2010

His strength and not my own


The Lord doesn't make His will for us a maze to wrestle through but rather a path lit by His light, led by His Spirit. Being in a state of thankfulness, choosing joy and seeking it are important. Giving Him glory and seeking Him first no matter what the world or any great Christian resource has to offer. Do everything (even the mundane) as an act of worship and yes that would include laundry! Prayer. Always praying, never ceasing. In prayer I can wrestle through my struggles and know I won't get bruised or blind sided. And most important; reading His Word, this is something I know but learned anew a while back. When constantly in a state of prayer when filled with scripture He's there, He speaks and His Word brings life. I can be going through anything, anything at all and in His Word I find Him, strength, peace and guidance! 


Jesus's words, truth and worship the Father seeks.


Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1Thessalonians 5:16-18


No comments: